How to Trigger Your Brain’s Pleasure Center
Obscure Nutrient Triggers Your Brain’s Pleasure Centers
When I was digging through an online repository of older clinical literature on natural health last year, I ran across an obscure reference to a little-known substance used by the U.S. military in Vietnam during the dark days of the war when troop morale was extremely low.
The military gave this completely natural substance to the troops in order to boost energy levels, mood and morale. You see, it acts upon the pleasure centers of the brain to trigger a light euphoric lift. And it simultaneously energizes the body without the side effects of risky stimulant drugs.
It’s way better than coffee…way better than those sugary and chemical-laden energy drinks…and, in fact, way better than just about anything you’ve ever tried for a temporary, natural lift without jitters and without that sinking letdown after it wears off.
So I called my company’s supplement advisor. He’s a biochemist by training. And I asked him if he could get me a sample of this little-known nutrient to try. He did. And I was absolutely delighted at what I discovered.
I took some in the morning with my first bite of breakfast, skipping my usual morning cup of coffee. And by the time my leisurely breakfast was done and I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, I realized I was feeling better than I had in the mornings, in a l-o-o-o-n-g time.
I looked at myself in the mirror and saw myself smiling. Not just any smile. But a great big happy smile. And for no particular reason. I just felt good. Really good.
“Go to Your Happy Place!”
My wife and I have an ongoing inside joke. Whenever I’m upset over something relatively trivial, like a small business hurdle or a family misadventure, she’ll say “Why don’t you go to your happy place?” I know she really means “Snap out of it bud. Get a grip. This is no big deal. You’ll get through it.”
But when I took that nutrient, probably for the first time in my life I thought I’d finally found my “happy place.” The stuff was great. I mean really great. And I knew I was really on to something. It put a lift in my step like nothing else ever had. It lasted for hours. And when it finally wore off, there was no sinking “letdown.”
So I did some more research…experimented… worked with my biochemist supplement advisor…and discovered that this obscure nutrient works even better when it’s combined with just a tiny bit of caffeine.
Of course, that’s not unusual. Drug makers have been adding small amounts of caffeine to over-the-counter drugs for years. That’s because of caffeine’s ability to boost the beneficial effects of the drugs. This is particularly true of pain relievers and…drum roll, please…prescription mood boosters.
So I experimented a bit more, and found that 100 mg. of caffeine – about the amount you’d find in a cup of coffee — was just right for boosting the beneficial effects of this remarkable natural substance.
Are you ready to find out what it is?
Nature’s Amazing “Nirvana Compound”
The substance I’m talking about is called glucoronolactone. Most people have never heard of it. But it’s fairly well-known among aficionados of “smart nutrients.”
They affectionately refer to as nature’s “nirvana compound.” That’s because it promotes brain energy, enhanced mental clarity and mild euphoria all at the same time. And it’s completely natural.
According to Brian D. Evans, author of How to Become Super Smart and Get Limitless Memory, glucuronolactone is “a little-known ‘smart nutrient’ that works to fight fatigue and provide an overall sense of well-being.”
Jonathan Samson, M.D., Ph.D., says, “What’s known about glucuronolactone is that it allows an amazing natural energy increase, heightening both mood and mental clarity simultaneously.”
In other words, glucoronolactone is both ergogenic (i.e., performance, energy and stamina-enhancing) and euphoragenic (i.e., pleasure-inducing). I t boosts brain energy and function and helps induce feelings of well-being or even mild euphoria by triggering your body’s “happy” brain chemicals.
The brain-boosting and mood-boosting benefits of glucoronolactone are so impressive, ex-Google employee Michael Brandt and Glassmap founder Geoffrey Woo, both Stanford graduates, admit to using it as part of their regular morning “nootropic brain stack” for achieving optimal brain function.
- What’s more, glucoronolactone was even featured for its brain-boosting and mood-enhancing benefits on ABC TVs Shark Tank.
- According to Health Monthly, “Glucuronolactone delivers a valuable energy boost for the brain…giving you an extra edge to enhance your focus and concentration.”
- And according to Nootriment.com, “Glucoronolactone reduces sleepiness, increases focus, lightens the mood and quickens reaction times.”
Finally, according to NutriScience, “Studies suggest that glucuronolactone…promotes mental performance and positive mood as well. When given glucuronolactone in a clinical study, subjects showed significant improvements in reaction time, concentration, and memory.”Click here for your special deal on Wide Awake…
Natural to the Human Body
Glucoronolactone is also completely natural. In fact, in the human body it’s made in the liver, out of glucose. And it can also be found in a variety of plant gums and other natural sources. It’s even found in wine, in small amounts.
As a bonus to the mood-boosting and energy-enhancing benefits of glucoronolactone, it’s also known to be one of the human body’s most important metabolites, being intimately involved in fatty acid synthesis, nucleotide synthesis, and amino acid synthesis.
This could help explain some of its profoundly uplifting qualities on both mental and physical performance. In other words, virtually all of your body’s metabolic building blocks are directly or indirectly aided by the presence of glucoronolactone. That means it’s needed for the very process of life, itself.
Phenomenal De-Toxifying Properties
But it gets even better…glucoronolactone turns out to be one of the body’s most important natural de-toxifiers. It’s been demonstrated in clinical trials to convert toxic substances into harmless water-soluble substances which can then be easily excreted through the kidneys rather than building up in the body.
Indeed, substances known to be detoxified from the body by glucoronolactone include:
- everyday pollutants, toxins, and carcinogens
- drugs like morphine and codeine
- harmful chemical substances such as hormone-disrupting xenoestrogens (that leach from plastic drinking bottles and that are found in shampoos as well as in pesticides used on foods)
In a nutshell, glucoronolactone is a powerful nutritional metabolite of glucose that boosts brain function, provides a profound sense of physical and mental well-being, increases stamina, improves metabolism, and helps detoxify the body – all at the same time.
That’s why I chose to use glucoronolactone as the main nutrient ingredient in a brand new Targeted Nutrients supplement called Wide Awake! There’s quite literally nothing else like glucoronolactone on the face of the earth. It’s an astonishingly effective all-natural energizer.
But it’s much more than that. It boosts and helps normalize the function of every bodily system, in a kind, gentle way. And it boosts the activity of your brain’s “feel good” chemicals.
In short, it gives you bodily energy and makes you feel like a million bucks at the same time! And as icing on the cake, glucoronolactone helps your body neutralize harmful toxins that could otherwise rob your body of energy and well-being and trigger the onset of illness.Click here for your special deal on Wide Awake…
The Caffeine Kicker
As I mentioned, we added a tiny amount of natural caffeine to Wide Awake! as a means of prolonging and enhancing the invigorating and mood-boosting benefits of the glucoronolactone.
But that wasn’t our only reason. After all, some of the most current clinical research – and I’m not talking about coffee industry research, but real clinical research conducted by major universities — demonstrates that caffeine provides an astonishing array healing, anti-aging and health-protective benefits.
In fact, be prepared to have your mind blown by what you’re about to read…
You probably already know that caffeine is the most widely used “energy substance” in the world. Virtually every culture uses caffeine on a daily basis – either in the form of coffee, tea or cocoa — for its energy-boosting and brain-boosting “alertness” benefits.
Caffeine has even been dubbed the “universal energy drug” and “the world’s most socially acceptable stimulant.”
But caffeine is not by any stretch of the imagination a “drug.” Indeed, it’s a naturally occurring alkaloid found in some 60 different plant species including coffee beans, cocoa beans, kola nuts, tea leaves, guarana berries, and much more.
What’s more, recent clinical research demonstrates that when used in moderation, caffeine has some astonishing healing and anti-aging properties, as well as properties that help slow or even prevent the onset of serious degenerative diseases. For example:
- Boosts memory — Japanese researchers have found that caffeine consumption in the mornings boosts memory and cognition throughout the day.
- Reduces Memory Loss — Researchers from Johns-Hopkins University demonstrated that a daily caffeine pill helped boost “memory consolidation,” which is to say, the ability of the body to convert short-term memory into long-term memory, and to “hold” it in the brain.
- Reduces Risk of Dementia — A study published in the Journals of Gerontology, titled the “Women’s Health Initiative Memory Study,” demonstrated that older women who consumed 261 mg. of caffeine per day or more had a reduced risk of developing dementia or memory impairment.
- Reduces Alzheimer’s Risk — According to researchers from the University of South Florida Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, back-to-back animal studies demonstrated that caffeine “markedly reduced the hallmark protein for Alzheimer’s disease in the brain and blood” of the test animals that were specially bred to exhibit symptoms of the disease.
- Protects Blood Brain Barrier — Research published in the Journal of Neuroinflammation demonstrates that caffeine helps protect the blood-brain barrier from becoming “leaky,” which in turn helps prevent brain damage responsible for Alzheimer’s disease. According to the BBC, the study also found that caffeine “…may cut the risk of dementia by blocking the damage cholesterol can inflict on the body…”
- Reduces Risk of Chronic Inflammation – In a study published in the journal Nature Medicine in January 2017, researchers from Stanford University have discovered that regular caffeine use helps block the expression of a gene responsible for low-grade chronic inflammation as we age. This inflammation is said to be responsible for high blood pressure, hardening of the arteries and heart disease.
- Lowers Risk of Parkinson’s Disease — Research published in the journal Scientific Reports in 2015 demonstrated that those who consume the most caffeine are at less risk for developing Parkinson’s disease, and that this “caffeine effect” proved true even among people who were genetically predisposed to develop Parkinson’s.
- Reduces Risk of Stroke – In a study published in 2011 in the journal Stroke, researchers followed 34,670 women aged 49-83 for over 10 years. Those who drank no caffeinated coffee had a significantly higher risk of stroke than those who drank caffeinated coffee. In fact, risk of stroke was 22-25% less for the consumers of caffeinated coffee than for the non-consumers.
- Reduces Risk of Fatty Liver Disease — A study conducted by researchers at George Mason University demonstrated that caffeine has a positive effect on non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and that two cups of coffee per day “could help sufferers of liver disease.”
- Lowers Risk of Developing Erectile Dysfunction – According to research from the University of Texas Medical School published in the journal PLOS in 2015, men who consume 250 to 375 mg. of caffeine per day have a much lower risk of developing erectile dysfunction than men who don’t. Reduced risk for ED was seen even in men consuming as little as 85 mg. of caffeine per day.
- Improves Lung Function — A 2012 study published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviewsdemonstrated that in people with asthma, caffeine acted as an effective bronchiodilator, widening airways in the lungs and helping restore breathing and relieving symptoms of asthma. According to the review, the evidence shows that “…even small amounts of caffeine can improve lung function for up to four hours.”
- Reduces Kidney Stone Risk – In research conducted at the Division of Nephrology at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Rome, Italy, researchers found that in a 217,883 person study, people who ingested caffeine from any source had lower risk of kidney stone development than people who did not consume caffeine.
- Reduces Muscle Pain as Well as Aspirin/Ibuprofen — Researchers at the University of Georgia found that moderate doses of caffeine can reduce post-workout muscle pain by up to 48% and appeared to work better than aspirin or ibuprofen, according to researcher Patrick J. O’Connor whose study was published in March 2007 in The Journal of Pain.
- Improves Muscle Energy — According to the Journal of Applied Physiology, caffeine helps the body replenish lost glycogen concentrations faster after exercise, resulting in 66% higher glycogen levels after strenuous exercise than in people who did not take caffeine. (Glycogen is a polysaccharide used by the body to help power muscle activity.
- Boosts Exercise Performance — 11 different studies have demonstrated that caffeine ingestion yields “significant improvement” in exercise performance, and a related 2014 study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology found that caffeine increased the level of enjoyment from exercise, and caused test subjects to burn more calories and consume less calories after exercise.
- Lowers Risk of Suicide – Research published in the World Journal of Biological Psychiatry in 2014 demonstrated that people with higher caffeine intake had significantly lower risk of suicide.
- Reduces Risk of Cataracts – Research conducted at the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the University of Maryland School of Medicine demonstrated that caffeine eye drops “greatly reduced” risk of cataract formation in animals given a cataract-inducing drug.
- Reduces Risk of Tinnitus – In a study titled “Caffeine Intake and Risk of Incident of Tinnitus,” published in 2014 in the American Journal of Medicine, researchers who followed 65,085 women, aged 30-44, for 18 years, found that higher caffeine intake was directly associated with a significant lower risk of development of tinnitus in women.
And believe it or not, there are many, many more new studies demonstrating the plethora of positive benefits from regular daily caffeine ingestion. These studies have turned medical science’s previous understanding of caffeine on its head. And it’s prompted at least one prominent researcher to proclaim, “Caffeine isn’t a drug, it’s a vitamin!”Click here for your special deal on Wide Awake…
As clinical researcher Lisa Pawloski, who chairs the Department of Nutrition and Food Studies at George Mason University recently stated:
“I was actually surprised by the caffeine effect…Caffeine is showing benefit for such diseases as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and type 2 diabetes …It used to be people would say they’re cutting back on caffeine. But there is a change in the attitudes about caffeine consumption…it’s not necessarily a bad thing to include in your diet.”
And as Dr. Jonathan Geiger of the University of North Dakota recently stated: “Caffeine is safe and readily available and its ability to stabilize the blood brain barrier means it could have an important part to play in therapies against neurological disorders.”
According to Dr. Michael Greger, M.D., a graduate of Cornell University and author of the best-selling book, How Not to Die: “Up to a thousand milligrams of caffeine is considered safe for most people, which translates into about 10 cups of coffee a day.”
So caffeine usage is gaining in prominence among clinical researchers who have studied its many promising health-enhancing and healing benefits. It turns out we just might have to re-think everything we once thought we knew about caffeine.
As Ernest Hemingway once said, “Caffeine puts a man back on his horse.”
That’s why I have no qualms about using a tiny amount of caffeine in Wide Awake! in addition to the main nutrient ingredient, glucoronolactone. It turns out the two nutrients go together like peanut butter and jelly. Indeed, the caffeine helps augment and prolong glucoronolactone’s beneficial mood-boosting benefits. And the glucoronolactone helps augment caffeine’s mild stimulant effects.
What Customers are Saying
About Wide Awake!
People absolutely love the many positive and thoroughly uplifting benefits of Wide Awake! So rather than reading any more about what I’ve got to say about this amazing supplement, take a look at what some of our customers are saying:
Puts a Smile on My Face and a Lift in My Step
“Steve, you’re absolutely right, as usual. This stuff really wakes me up, puts a smile on my face and a lift in my steps. I haven’t used coffee in the mornings or energy drinks in the afternoons since I got my bottle of Wide Awake! I wish I’d have listened to you and got some sooner. I can’t thank you enough.
Even my wife has noticed that I feel, look and act more resilient. I’ve never really gone for all of this natural stuff in the past. I’ve been drinking coffee for over 30 years and started on the energy drinks two years ago when things got tough at work. But now they’re a thing of the past.”
– Joshua A., Lancaster, CA
Glad I Found This Stuff…Clears the Cobwebs!
“I honestly like Wide Awake! better than those five hour energy drinks I used to shoot down every time I got a bit tired in the afternoons or the brain fog started creeping in at work. I’ve never been a big coffee drinker. Don’t like the taste. But I’ve relied on energy drinks for years, and I know all of that sugar isn’t good for me.
I’m glad I found this stuff. It doesn’t blast me through the roof, or anything. But it sure does pick me up and make me feel good. And it clears the cobwebs.”
– S. Hernandez, Pensacola, FL
Pop One in the Morning and I’m Off and Running
“The more I learn about glucoronolactone, the more impressed I am with this product. I just pop one in the morning and I’m off and running. Sometimes, if I have a long day, I’ll take two. But that’s it. I find no need for any more.
Great stuff. Makes me run like a new Hemi engine. And no more coffee, either, which is something I’ve wanted to get out of my life for a long time now. Great to know that the natural caffeine in this product has so many health benefits, as well.”
– Jim C., Detroit, MIClick here for your special deal on Wide Awake…
Works Exactly Like You Say It Does!
“My daughter Cindi told me about Wide Awake! She’s a college student and has been using it to cram for exams. I told her it was probably dangerous, but she showed me the article about it and I have to admit I was impressed with the health benefits and the depth of research.
So I started taking one capsule every morning with breakfast. Not to sound cliché or anything, but it really has changed everything. No more dragging through the morning for me. And it really does make me feel happier. I’ve ordered six more bottles just to have them in stock. Gave my daughter two of them. I’m glad you decided to develop this energy formula. I can attest that it does exactly what you say it will.”
– Leslie M., Dallas, TX
It Makes a World of Difference for Me in the Mornings
“I don’t always have time for coffee. And frankly, I don’t always want coffee. That’s when Wide Awake! comes in handy. I keep a bottle in the kitchen cabinet, and a bottle in my desk drawer at work in case I forget to take it before I leave the house in the morning. I tell you, it makes a big difference for me in the mornings.
I’ve tried a lot of energy supplements. Nothing quite like this one. No jitters or jangled nerves. Just smooth energy. And I do feel better when I take it, too. By that I mean happier. I guess that’s the gluco stuff you have in it. Whatever it is, it really works.”
– S. Goodman, Seattle, WA
Now I Have Amazing Focus
“When I read about this product, I ordered it right away. I’ve been wanting to quit drinking coffee for years. I’m not against coffee. It’s just too time-consuming for me. I’d rather swallow a pill, and get going.
I run my own home business. And running back-and-forth from my bedroom office to the kitchen coffee pot all day was wasting too much time, because there were always too many distractions. When I should have been focusing on work I’d go to get coffee and end up making a sandwich, or checking to see if the postman had come, or staring out the window to see what the neighbor was doing in his driveway.
Now I have amazing focus. I get a lot more work done. I’m no longer as easily distracted at all. I know it’s not a cure for ADHD or anything like that, but I’d almost swear it was. Great stuff.”
– Corrie M., Las Vegas, NV
Very Impressed. Glad I Tried It.
“Okay, what can I say? It’s just plain good stuff. I’m very impressed. Glad I tried it. I went to Amazon to do a customer review on it, and then remembered that I’d bought it off your website, instead. I don’t know why you don’t offer for sale it on Amazon, too. It would sell like crazy there. So here’s my ‘Amazon’ review:
This is probably the most aptly named product on the market today. If you understand the name, you understand exactly what it’s going to do for you. It’s going to keep you wide awake when you need it most. Added bonus: It makes you happy. Not kidding. It’s a very nice uplifting feeling. And you don’t crash and burn later in the day.”
– Greg C., Long Beach, CA
Yes, It Really Works!
As you can see, Wide Awake! really does what it’s supposed to do. Regular users absolutely love it’s profoundly uplifting qualities.
But try it out and see for yourself. If it’s not everything we say it is, you’ll get your money back! So you’ve nothing to lose. I believe with all of my heart you’ll find it to be – as I did – one of the most gently uplifting and energizing nutritional supplements you’ve ever tried.
So if you’re ready to put a smile on your face and a lift in your step each morning, Wide Awake! is definitely the all-natural morning (or afternoon) pick-me-up you need to try right away!
Where to Find Wide Awake!
You found it! Targeted Nutrients is the only company in the world currently carrying Wide Awake! And it’s gradually becoming one of our flagship supplements as more and more people learn about its astonishing, pleasure-inducing “pick-me-up” benefits.
So if you’re ready to quit slugging down coffee all day, or if you’re ready to quit using those over-priced, sugar-laden, health-robbing “energy drinks” to get through the afternoons, this is your chance to make the switch to safe, natural and health-enhancing Wide Awake!, instead.
Since I’ve been using Wide Awake! my daily coffee consumption has practically dropped off the map. I love the taste of coffee. So I have to admit, I do have a cup from time to time. But I don’t need to. The profound feeling of alertness and (dare I say it?) mild pleasure I get from taking Wide Awake! each day is far better than coffee.
And unlike having to slug down cup after cup of coffee to get through a demanding day, I only need to take Wide Awake! once a day. That’s it for me. And I sail through the day a smile on my face, a bounce in my step and profound mental clarity. I think you will too. Try it for yourself and experience the difference.Click here for your special deal on Wide Awake…
Yours for better health the safe, natural way,
Steve Barwick, President