Relieve Stress and Heighten Your Mood…Naturally!
There’s a simple, natural hormone that has been widely reported to help relieve stress and make people feel happier too, all because of its well-known ability to heighten mood.
It’s true! Below, you’ll read about the calming effects of a remarkable nutrient called Pregnenolone.
What’s more, you’ll read about medical studies that have demonstrated Pregnenolone’s to help to relieve both stress and fatigue simultaneously, while dramatically increasing mental alertness.
Here’s what you need to know…
Hi, Steve Barwick here, for Targeted Nutrients…
Stress is a relentless stalker out to get you. It’s a “take no prisoners” killer that follows you everywhere you go, can feel unbearably relentless, and worse yet, there’s almost no way to avoid it.
Especially in times like these, the ability to reduce stress can feel all but impossible. And what’s worse, excess stress has been linked to six of the leading causes of death in America!
According to the Centers for Disease Control, stress has been proven to play a role in:
1. Heart disease
3. Lung ailments
5. Cirrhosis of the liver
Eric Peper, Ph.D., Associate Director of the Institute of Holistic Healing Studies at San Francisco State University, said up to 80 percent of health problems in America are considered stress-related.
This includes high blood pressure…ulcers…and an inability to fight infections. This could explain why some folks are always sick with colds, headaches, or upset stomachs – and seldom able to pinpoint a cause!
But let’s face it – you can’t avoid stress because it’s a part of everyday life. Just think about the way your blood boils when someone cuts you off in traffic!
And that’s nothing compared to stress you may feel because of health problems…employment concerns…family distress…and economic woes.
Studies show that these common stressors can take a toll on your overall quality of life. Left unchecked, too much stress can:
- Age your body faster
- Disrupt your sleep
- Damage your relationships
- Increase your heart rate
- Narrow your arteries
- Weaken your immune system
But the good news is, you can boost your ability to reduce and fight stress – especially if you know about the calming effects of a remarkable nutrient called pregnenolone!
This natural stress reducer can help you cope with anxiety and worry…handle the curveballs life throws at you…and improve your overall mood!
But before you learn more about how pregnenolone is a natural ally in reducing stress and improving your mood, first consider…
How Stress Can “Break” Your Heart!
You’ve likely felt your heart pounding against your chest when you were tense or anxious. This is your body’s natural reaction to stressful situations.
But the last thing you want is to experience frequent chest-pounding situations! This could produce long-term damage to your heart.
According to the American Institute of Stress, heart attacks and sudden death increase significantly following the acute stress of natural disasters like hurricanes, earthquakes and tsunamis!
Sudden stress increases the rate of your heartbeats. It can also cause your arteries to narrow.
The result? Reduced blood flow that can choke and starve your heart!
Plus, your artery walls could respond to stress by going into spasms. This could produce heart irregularities, which can lead to serious cardiac problems.
And that’s not all…
Excess stress can also make your blood thicker and stickier – which puts you at risk for developing artery-clogging blood clots.
When you make an effort to reduce stress, you’ll also boost your heart health – and improve your life!
But how can you reduce and conquer stress and prevent it from ruining your health?
4 Effective Ways to Cope with Stress
1) Eat Well — You’ll have a better chance of fighting stress and heart disease when you eat well-balanced meals. This should include a variety of foods, such as:
✓ Enriched or whole-grain breads and cereals
✓ Fruits and vegetables
✓ Lean meats, fish, or poultry
✓ Low-fat dairy products
These foods provide many of the nutrients your body needs to function properly. Healthy foods also make you better equipped to react calmly when under stress.
2) Physical Activity — You should complement your healthy diet plan with a regular exercise routine. In fact, walking or other physical activities can help burn off steam and reduce stress levels – even when you feel like you’re in a pressure cooker!
Aerobic exercise has been shown to release endorphins, which are natural substances that help you feel better and promote a positive attitude.
Plus, regular exercise can also help:
- Strengthen your heart and cardiovascular system
- Improve your circulation
- Increase your energy levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve muscle tone and strength
- Strengthen bones
- Reduce body fat and maintain a healthy weight
- Make you feel more relaxed and improve your sleep
3) Practice Relaxation Techniques — An excellent addition to your healthy diet and exercise routine is to practice relaxation techniques. According to the Mayo Clinic, this can help decrease wear and tear on your mind and body.
The Mayo Clinic identifies three main types of relaxation techniques:
- Autogenic (self-induced) relaxation — Involves repeating words or suggestions in your mind to help you relax and reduce muscle tension. For example, you could first imagine a restful place. Then, focus on controlled breathing…slowing your heart rate…or feeling different physical sensations, such as relaxing each arm and leg individually.
- Progressive muscle relaxation — Requires you to slowly tense and relax each muscle group. This helps you increase awareness of physical sensations. You can start by tensing and relaxing toe muscles, then work up to your neck and head. Tense your muscles for at least five seconds and then relax for 30 seconds. Repeat this sequence.
- Visualization — Involves forming peaceful and calming mental images. Try to use as many senses as you can, including smell, sight, sound and touch. While focusing on your relaxing image, you may want to close your eyes…sit in a quiet spot…and loosen any tight clothing.
Some other common ways to relax include practicing yoga or tai chi…meditation…hypnosis…listening to music…or getting massages. Whatever method you choose requires consistent use and practice.
In time, you’ll be able to implement a relaxation technique the moment you start to feel stress symptoms. In this way, you can prevent stress from spiraling out of control.
But there’s one more thing you can add to your routine of diet, exercise, and relaxation techniques…
The Last, All-Natural Way To Give Stress The Boot!
4) Utilize One of Nature’s Solutions to Reducing Stress – Nutritional supplements are an excellent complement to a balanced diet and exercise program, and pregnenolone has proven useful as the ultimate “anti-stress” agent!
The mitochondria in your cells change cholesterol to pregnenolone. This nutrient provides the raw material for all of your steroid hormones – such as cortisone, progesterone, estrogen and testosterone.
During the 1940s, studies of pregnenolone proved it could play a significant role in reducing stress. For example:
✓ Dr. Gregory Pincus and Dr. Hudson Hoagland gave 50-100 mg of pregnenolone daily to factory workers. While taking pregnenolone – the factory workers said they felt less fatigued…were better able to cope with their jobs…had improved productivity…and experienced an enhanced sense of happiness and well-being!
✓ A study of airplane pilots and aviation students subjected to stressful situations also revealed that 25mg of pregnenolone taken twice a day improved performance without causing adverse side effects. The researchers used a flight simulation machine to test hand-eye coordination, learning, memory and stamina. Half the participants were airplane pilots; half were not. Tests showed that all participants’ ability to fly the simulated airplane improved significantly after taking the pregnenolone before each test run!
Researchers noted that the improvement was especially noticeable after participants took pregnenolone for at least two weeks. They concluded that the anti-stress benefits may be cumulative. What’s more, the professional pilots said their job performance improved and that they suffered less fatigue while taking pregnenolone!
✓ In a study of the stress response in rats, pregnenolone appeared to increase the animals’ anxiety. The researchers suggested this was actually a beneficial response during a stressful period!
The early research also investigated pregnenolone as a possible cure for rheumatoid arthritis. Studies showed that pregnenolone contributed to a significant decrease in joint pain…tenderness…and spasticity…and improved strength and range of motion.
But according to Eugene Roberts, Ph.D., a leading neurochemistry researcher, it was dropped as a potential therapy due to the “sensational effects of cortisone (cortisol), which was discovered around the same time.”
Cortisone’s popularity could also be linked to drug companies’ ability to patent and market synthetic versions of the substance. They couldn’t do the same with the natural substance pregnenolone.
By the time people learned of the horrific side-effects of excessive cortisone – such as psychotic breakdown, adrenal failure, and even death – pregnenolone had been pushed to the back burner!
Fortunately, researchers rekindled interest in pregnenolone in the 1990s. Although scientists still do not know exactly how pregnenolone works, research shows it can be an effective stress-reducer.
Astonishing Range of Beneficial Functions!
Since the 1950s, independent medical studies and observations by clinical researchers have demonstrated that pregnenolone shows tremendous potential in an amazing array of conditions, many of which are associated with alleviation of the potentially debilitating effects of pre-mature aging.
Clinical studies have shown that pregnenolone effectively:
- Relieves symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Reduces excessive cortisol levels
- Boosts natural immunity
- Dramatically relieves fatigue
- Restores energy levels
- Increases endurance
- Alleviates mood disorders
- Enhances positive mental outlook
- Relieves painful symptoms of fibromyalgia
- Relieves many symptoms of clinical depression
- Alleviates many symptoms of chronic degenerative diseases such as diabetes, MS and lupus
- Alleviates chronic insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Aids the body in the healing of nerve injuries and nervous conditions such as stress and anxiety
What’s more, a number of cutting-edge medical researchers and scientists believe this is only the tip of the iceberg. Based on newer research conducted by independent researchers, it is further believed that pregnenolone may also:
- Improve cardiovascular status by lowering total cholesterol and LDL levels, thereby lessening incidences of heart attack
- Help increase muscle mass, while decreasing the percentage of body fat
- Help the thyroid gland convert T4 to the more active T3, and thus improve symptoms of low thyroid
- Reverse many of the unfavorable effects of excess cortisol, creating subsequent improvement in energy/vitality, sleep, premenstrual symptoms, mental clarity, etc.
- Accelerate recovery from any kind of acute stress (e.g., insufficient sleep, excessive exercise, mental strain, etc.)
- Reduce cravings for carbohydrates
- Dramatically improve sex drive
- Eliminate chronic joint and muscle aches
- Eliminate “high/low” mood swings
- Enhance vision – a number of individuals who have taken pregnenolone have reported enhancement of visual perception
Additionally, according to more recent research pregnenolone may also help:
- Maintain the “program” brain cells need to store and retrieve short-term memories and initiate the memory storage process by stimulating the enzyme adenylate cyclase, which is needed to regulate and activate other critical enzymes required for cellular energy.
- Regulate the timed-sequential flow of calcium ions through the cell – Calcium ion exchange has great formational content and may determine how memory is encoded by neurons.
- Modulate chemical reactions, calcium-protein bindings, gene activation, protein turnover, and the intracellular distribution of compounds and enzyme reactions involved in the storage and retrieval of memory.
Finally, according to Dr. Ray Peat, Ph.D., noted hormone researcher and widely quoted author, pregnenolone does not produce a “negative feedback loop.”
This means that, unlike some of the synthetic prescription hormones such as testosterone, the use of pregnenolone does not appear to inhibit the body from producing its own stores of the hormone.
Indeed, according to Dr. Peat, studies show that oral supplementation of pregnenolone actually enhances the body’s ability to make its own pregnenolone naturally!
What the Experts are Saying About Pregnenolone
Consider the praise some health experts are heaping on this remarkable nutrient.
“Pregnenolone very quickly helps fatigued, stressed people regain their ability to handle stress, sometimes with a single dose… It can have a calming effect on the emotions, giving a mood of resilience and an ability to confront challenges.”
— Dan Milosevich, C.N.
“Pregnenolone has been studied extensively since the 1940’s…One of its most important actions is to counter damage caused by the natural stress hormone called ‘cortisol.’ Cortisol is helpful in modest amounts, but is toxic at higher levels. Pregnenolone’s ability to block excess cortisol levels may be one of the main reasons for its known memory-enhancing and mood-boosting effects.”
— Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby, M.B. Ch.B., M.D., Ph.D., FRCP (M.A.)
“It is now known that pregnenolone is one of the major hormones in the brain…It protects brain cells from injury caused by stress and fatigue, and an adequate amount has a calming effect on the emotions, which is part of the reason that it protects us from the stress response that leads to an excessive production of cortisone. People feel a mood of resilience and an increased ability to confront challenges.”
— Dr. Ray Peat, Ph.D.
“Pregnenolone…reduces allergic reactions, lessens arthritis inflammation and produces a relaxing and mildly euphoric “stress buffer effect”, without any of the negative side effects of cortisol…Pregnenolone improves mood, and has a mild antidepressant effect…”
— James South, M.A. (biologist)
Unfortunately, aging reduces the natural amount of pregnenolone that your body produces. In fact, by age 70 you’ll have only 40 percent of your original levels of pregnenolone!
Where to Obtain the Very Best Form of Pregnenolone…
Pregnenolone is readily available as a nutritional supplement. And, unlike synthetic prescription steroid hormones which can sometimes have terrifying side effects, pregnenolone is completely natural (made from an extract of the Dioscorea yam), and clinical studies have shown it to be virtually free of side effects when used as directed.
Targeted Nutrients carries therapeutic-quality pregnenolone in the highly recommended 10 mg. dosage. You get 60 tablets per bottle – a one-month supply for the average person.
Just chew one or two tablets daily to boost your supply of this amazing stress reliever. You’ll get 60 chewable tablets per bottle, which is a one-month or two-month supply, depending upon how much you take daily.
What’s more, unlike other vendors who sell cheap, Chinese-made pregnenolone, Targeted Nutrients pregnenolone is U.S. manufactured, produced in an FDA-approved, certified GMP (Good Manufacturing Processes) laboratory, so you can rest assured of its impressive quality and safety.
Pregnenolone is the nutrient you need to help you sail through hectic days with an overall sense of control. You’ll be amazed how it can help you stay cool and calm – no matter what obstacles life throws in your way.
And you’ll finally experience the sweet relief from anxiety, tension, and stress that you deserve!
And now you can learn how to try Targeted Nutrients high-quality Pregnenolone – the safe, natural “Stress-Buffer” that lifts your mood – at a special get-acquainted discount price, by clicking here …
Yours for better health the safe, natural way,
Steve Barwick, President