Did you know experts have reported a humble plant to be successful in helping to naturally reduce menopause symptoms?
It’s true! Not only that, but – according to testimonials – some women are reporting that this little plant, called Maca root, is their trusted secret weapon against even their most frustrating symptoms of menopause.
In this article, you’ll read what experts have to say about these little-known, startling benefits of Maca root, and, what’s more, I’m going to show you some extremely eye-opening testimonials from women who are successfully using Maca root to reduce their menopausal symptoms naturally.
Here’s what you need to know…
Hi, Steve Barwick here, for Targeted Nutrients…
Many people might be aware of the other properties of Maca Root – namely those that can help improve dwindling passion, energy, and stamina – but experts have also been singing the praises of Maca Root for its ability to help naturally reduce menopausal symptoms.
What Experts are Saying…
According to Dr. Hugo Malaspina, M.D., a respected cardiologist in Lima, Peru, his female patients suffering from menopausal symptoms also benefit tremendously when they take Maca root. He writes:
“Maca regulates the organs of internal secretion, such as the pituitary, the adrenal glands, the pancreas, etc. I have perhaps 200 female patients whose premenopausal and postmenopausal symptoms are alleviated by taking Maca.”
And Dr. Gabriel Cousens, M.D., an internal medicine practitioner in Arkansas has written:
“Whenever possible, I prefer to use Maca therapy rather than hormone replacement therapy because HRT actually ages the body by diminishing the hormone-producing capability of the glands. Maca, on the other hand, is safe, natural, and has proven to be very effective with menopausal patients in eliminating hot flashes and depression and in increasing energy levels.”
Dr. Joseph Mercola, D.O., best-selling author of the Total Health Plan says Maca root works to alleviate hot flashes and depression caused by menopause:
“Menopause, the bane of many women as middle age approaches, is often accompanied by hot flashes. Studies have shown Maca to have positive effects on both of these by balancing female hormones.
Regarding depression experienced by some women associated with menopause, one study noted that Maca: ‘Reduces psychological symptoms, including anxiety and depression, and lowers measures of sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal women independent of estrogenic and androgenic activity.'”
Even WebMD, generally no friend to natural health, says women take Maca root to help resolve hormone imbalances that can lead to menopause symptoms. They wrote:
“Women take Maca by mouth for female hormone imbalance, menstrual problems, symptoms of menopause, improving fertility, and sexual dysfunction caused by antidepressants.”
Kim Evans, author of Cleaning Up! The Ultimate Body Cleanse says women have long known about the benefits of Maca root for hormonal issues. She states:
“Maca root has been shown to be beneficial for all sorts of hormonal problems including PMS, menopause, and hot flashes.”
Chris Kilham, author of the Whole Food Bible and Hot Plants, says:
“Maca enjoys a very long history of successful medicinal use for menopausal discomfort, infertility, and sexual healing. The question is not whether it works – because we know it works with certainty – but how it works.”
NaturalWays.com website says millions of women are using Maca as a safe, natural alternative to risky Hormone Replacement Therapy. They write:
“Instead of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), millions of women are putting their faith in natural alternatives, including Maca, which has been used safely for thousands of years.
Maca’s dense nutrients go right to the body so it can again produce healthy level of hormones. Historical evidence shows that Maca has been used by native women of Peru for hormonal imbalances, menstrual irregularities, fertility, and menopause symptoms, including hot flashes, vaginal dryness, loss of energy, night sweats, libido, depression and mood swings.
Maca contains no plant hormones. Instead its action relies on plant steroids which act as triggers to help the body itself produce a higher level of hormones appropriate to the age and gender of the person taking it.”
Dr. Viana Muller, Ph.D., a cultural anthropologist who has studied Maca root and its uses extensively, says:
“Now women have an alternative to hormone replacement therapy [HRT]…Maca works in an entirely different and more satisfactory way for most women than the phytogenic herbs like black cohosh and licorice root. These herbs have become popular with menopausal women who refuse to take the drugs of HRT.
The most natural way of dealing with menopausal symptoms is the use of organic Maca root…. The pioneering work done by Dr. Chacon suggests that the alkaloids in the Maca root stimulate the hypothalamus and pituitary to produce more precursor hormones which then impact all of the endocrine glands – the pineal, the adrenals, ovaries, testes, pancreas, and the thyroid gland.
So Maca appears to be stimulating the body to produce its own hormones more adequately rather than supplying hormones from an outside source.”
And finally, Livestrong.com, a website respected for its independent viewpoints on nutritional supplements, points out there’s clinical evidence for Maca’s beneficial actions on postmenopausal women, as well. They write:
“A study on postmenopausal women, published in the December 2008 issue of the journal, “Menopause,” examined the effects of Maca root supplementation on psychological symptoms and sexual dysfunction. The results showed that Maca had a beneficial effect on reducing anxiety, depression and sexual dysfunction.”
What Women Say About Their Personal Maca Root Experiences…
On the WebMD.com website, I came across the following anecdotal account from a woman who’s been using Maca root for one full year to help deal with hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms. She wrote:
“I started taking Maca over a year ago due to horrendous hot flashes. Let me tell you something it works! I have little to no hot flashes and it helps with other perimenopause and PMS symptoms as (mood swings, etc.). Love this herb and I’m so glad I found. Can’t live without it!”
That made me dig a little bit deeper, and quite frankly I was started at what I discovered:
Dozens more testimonials from women claiming that Maca root is their secret weapon against menopausal symptoms.
Women almost universally praise Maca root for its startling ability to help tamper down the more frustrating symptoms of menopause. Here’s what some women have said in the comment section about Maca root on the WebMD website:
- Lowers Hot Flashes – “I started taking Maca to lower the intensity of my hot flushes and although it doesn’t stop them it definitely calms them down to a more tolerable level…if I forget to take it my hot flushes are unbearable.”
- Helps Most All Menopause Symptoms – “I’m experiencing menopause so Maca Root saved me from all/most of the symptoms. I’m very happy I found it.”
- Menopausal Mess Now 100% Again – “I was a menopausal mess. My Kaiser doc finally suggested a host of homeopathic remedies. At my health food store they sorted it out and Maca along with a progesterone creme, Korean ginseng (for energy) and I am 100% again it’s truly a miracle I suffered so long trying so many birth control strengths. Who knew?”
- Helps My Peri-menopause Symptoms – “I’ve been taking Maca for a couple of years to relieve some of my peri-menopause symptoms (anxiety, depression, general craziness) and have found it has worked very well for me. I can feel the difference if I forget to take it.”
- No Side Effects, Plenty of Benefits – “I researched and heard it helped with menopause symptoms. I had trouble sleeping and low libido. Within 2 weeks both gone. Highly recommend and have even told my friends to try-no side effects and plenty of benefits.”
- No Night Sweats or Hot Flashes – “52 year old woman wanting natural way to balance hormones. No night sweats or hot flashes with Maca.”
- Thrilled With the Results! – “Was experiencing 6-8 night sweat episodes a night and thus having fitful nights and getting little rest. Started taking Maca root 3x a day and within a week night sweats were reduced in duration and frequency and after three weeks reduced to one or two a week and they’re so mild I can almost sleep through them! I’m thrilled with the results!”
- Hot Flashes Completely Under Control – “After experiencing my first day of Peri-menopause hot flashes, I immediately went to the health food store. I purchased Maca root and by day 3, the hot flashes have been completely under control!”
- Offsets My Post-Menopausal Symptoms – “I have been taking this for a month to offset post-menopausal symptoms and love it. The biggest difference I have seen is a huge increase in energy.”
- No Longer at My Wits End – “I was at my wits end with lack of sleep with hot flushes and night sweats – I purchased Maca capsules out of desperation after trying various alternative therapies including acupuncture. I took 2 capsules as soon as they arrived almost ripping the postmans arm off – unbelievable results on the same day and within three days all night sweats and hot flushes had stopped – ladies I can’t recommend Maca enough – no side effects, now caught up with my sleep deprivation and living life ‘normally’ once again :-)”
As you can see, Maca root really works, and women are singing its praises. So if you suffer from menopausal symptoms of any kind, it might well be worth trying.
Where to Obtain High-Quality Maca Root
But it’s also known as an adaptogenic herb that helps the body balance its hormonal levels and other functions naturally, without risky drug therapy, through its subtle actions on the adrenal glands, pancreas, and the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
Researchers now believe it’s those same physiological effects that appear to be what makes Maca help with mild depression, as well.
Maca root is considered to be so safe Peruvians eat it almost daily as a food staple and daily energizer. In fact, even Peruvian children are fed Maca root from a very early age.
Targeted Nutrients carries the highest-quality Maca Root in the highly recommended 500 mg. per capsule dosage. You get 90 capsules per bottle – a one or two-month supply for the average person. (If you’re using Maca Root for libido-boosting purposes, three capsules per day are recommended. For energy-boosting purposes, only one or two capsules are needed.)
Targeted Nutrients’ pure, high-quality Maca Root powder is harvested under strict sustainable development policies (to help ensure shortages don’t develop due to its growing worldwide popularity). It’s then imported straight from the source for maximum freshness, purity and potency.
After importation to the U.S., the powdered root is then tested, encapsulated, bottled and labeled in a fully-compliant, FDA-certified Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) laboratory, so you can rest assured of the highest quality.
To take advantage of Targeted Nutrient’s special money-saving get-acquainted offer on Maca Root, simply click here.
Yours for better health the safe, natural way,
Steve Barwick, President